NWEA MAP testing will taking place this month for grades K-6. Specific testing dates are January 11-15 and January 19-22.
Children learn better—and faster—when teachers have a clear picture of what each student knows and is ready to learn next. That’s why a group of educators and researchers founded NWEA®, a not-for-profit organization that has created some of the most trusted and reliable assessment solutions available. More than 11 million students in the US and in 140 countries worldwide use MAP® Growth™.
MAP Growth uses a RIT scale to accurately measure what students know, regardless of their grade level. It also measures growth over time, allowing you to track your child’s progress throughout the school year and across multiple years.
Teachers can use the score to inform instruction, personalize learning, and monitor the growth of individual students. Principals and administrators can use the scores to see the performance and progress of a grade level, school, or the entire district.
How can parents get help their children prepare for this standardized testing?
- Optimize brain power by making sure your child gets enough sleep and has a good breakast on testing days
- Encourage good study habits and challenge critical-thinking skills
- Know what to expect
- Look at and understand your child's past performance
- Take advantage of practice opportunities
- Relax and help your child to remain positive
Please reach out to Mary Ziebell, Principal or your child's teacher with any questions.